Last Busan post was months ago…but I thought I might as well continue the post.
After rounding the Busan Gamcheon Culture Village we headed back to the city center and we were starving. On our agenda we’d planned the famous korean fish market, we have heard lots of positive feedback online, the food was very very fresh and delicious. On our way to the fishmarket, we saw a few interesting sea creatures…a few of them I’ve never seen before. If someone of you know the scientific name of the sea penis please leave a comment bellow.
When you enter the fish marked, it reeks of the ocean (duh), the building is super big and you could walk miles and miles. They have everything there, its like walking into a very crowded aquarium for free!
So, how do we dine at the fish marked?
1. You pick out things you want to eat, at the marked.
2. Pay for it, and you ask the lady where the restaurant is.
3. Bring your sea creature to the second floor, to any random restaurant.
4. Ask the restaurant to prepare the fish for you, but they will charge you some extra fees. From 10.000 – 30.000 won, depends on how fluent you are in korean and your bargain skills.
1. Walk straight up the second floor. Find a restaurant, it might be overwhelming. Because they want to get customers, so some of them might literally pull you to their restaurant.
2. When you find the place you want to eat, ask for an english meny. Most of the restaurants do have it, and the ahjummas do understand basic english.
3. Point at the stuff you want eat, on the meny. Wait 5-10 min and voila..food is on the table! 🙂
But, I will tell you more about our food experience on another post..